Rowing is a very effective cardiovascular exercise that helps you to keep your heart, lungs, and the whole body tuned and healthy.
But today in this post I am not going to cover the health benefits of rowing, we do have already covered that in our previous articles.
So, I have drafted this review of Merax magnetic rowing machine for the people who are planning to buy this specific indoor rower.
So without wasting any more time, let’s dig right into the review-
Merax group of products is offering fitness equipment to promote a healthy lifestyle among their customers. Their formula is to use biomechanical and physical-mechanical designs to build long-lasting fitness equipment.
The features of this rowing machine are incredibly practical and make your workout routine productive by burning more calories in very less time. If you have challenged yourself with some fitness goals, but never owned a rowing machine before, this affordable rowing machine from Merax could make a way to your home. With the help of a rowing machine, you can get a total body workout that will start working on your major muscles.
An entry-level for rowers:
The machine is best for beginners, and they can easily use at home. Since it has excellent construction and aesthetic design. Additionally, it offers a possibility to perform a decent cardio workout. It is one of the few rowing machines that are ideal yet dynamic rowing equipment. This equipment helps you to stay focused, and you will be able to enjoy the aerobics it provides.
Merax Rowing machine has a compact structure with an appealing look. When you look at it, you would want to get on it and row. This machine has eight tension knobs, which you can easily adjust and change the intensity of your workout.
It features padded seats that won’t let your hips feel any pain or discomfort during longer sessions. Many of my readers who have bought this particular model are pretty satisfied because of the competitive features that are being offered at an affordable price.
The complete structure of the Merax Rowing machine is made up of solid steel, and it is coated with anti-corrosion material. There are stabilizer bars that are made up of the same material; so, you can be sure that the machine is going to last for decades. The device can efficiently support a maximum of 264 pounds of user weight.
Its unique inclined design is compelling as it has flat steel with a T-shaped stabilizer bar. It has adjustable pedals with magnetic resistance to adjust the position, and it covers a dimension of 78 inches. It consists of 8 levels of resistance that switch up the intensity of the rowing machine. Simply twist it, and you can quickly increase or decrease the intensity. With this sturdy and stable machine, you can experience a challenging and effective workout throughout your rowing fitness workout.
As it has different levels of resistance, so you can make it work smoothly with the desired level of resistance without facing any bumps or jerks while changing levels. The resistance is strong enough, and the setting around 6 to 7 is perfect. (The setting level at 6-7 is my personal preferences, you should decide your own after rowing a few strokes).
Many users who are advanced athletes might think that the resistance is a bit less at this stage. Women who are looking forward to having a moderate cardio workout can easily do it with that machine. The resistance is easy, smooth, and produces no sound, so users can enjoyably row while watching TV.
The angled seat helps in:
- It helps to increase the resistance when a user pushes himself slightly. In this way, all muscles are used to control body weight.
- The machine allows you to have a smoother return.
On the other hand, it does not contain any air resistance elements. It has a small yet powerful magnetic brake which is attached through a steel cable. When you start turning the dial, the brake element changes its position and results in magnetic field intensity.
There is no need to connect the machine to any power circuit. Since it is a magnetic rower, so it does not vary with how hard you start pulling as compared to air or water resistance. It will remain constant according to the selected tension level.
Additionally, the internal flywheel is not so much heavy. The weight is enough to deliver a consistent momentum for rowing.
Major Features of Merax Magnetic
Merax Rowing machine strives to make rowing more comfortable. Following are the significant features of this equipment that will enhance your fitness routine:
1. Monitoring panel:
The LCD monitor on this machine does not comes with much bells and whistles, but since it’s an affordable indoor rower. And Merax made it more targeted towards the first time users of an indoor rower. The display is just enough to do its job done. It helps you to track the time and calories. With the help of tracking, you can make multiple adjustments to your exercise according to your desired fitness goals. It is super basic so that you can easily select the data you want to display.
You can also set time, count, and calorie target until you hit your goal for the workout. Those who want more advanced monitor can look for a separate heart rate monitor. They can also use some other fitness apps on their smartphones.
2. Length adaptability:
When you are buying a rowing machine, one of the most critical factors is to check its height adaptability. The seat inclined on the beam decides the user height accommodation. The seat in this particular rowing machine can travel from one end to another, and it can easily accommodate up to 6’8” tall users.
3. Portability – Easy folding:
Merax Rowing machine can be folded easily and stored upright. People with limited space in their house will find this equipment very practical since they can unfold it for using and later fold it for storing away.
Merax Rowing machine provides a silent and comfortable workout owing to its built-in magnetic flywheel. It has a 15 degree angled seat rail so that the rower functions smoothly. It cuts down all the noise that usually generates from other fitness equipment. Its silent magnetic resistance makes it possible to exercise daily without any disturbance.
5. Smoother adjustment:
You can conveniently increase or decrease the intensity of your workout. As stated above that it has 8 levels of resistance knobs to match the intensity of your workout.
Pros of Merax Magnetic Rowing Machine ✔
This machine is simply the best rowing machine, whether for use at home or a gym. Finding the best magnetic rowing machine is not very easy, especially the affordable one. Here is a list of pros and cons of Merax rowing machine; this list will make your purchase decision easy:
- Maintenance: It requires very less maintenance due to adjustable stabilizer and wheels.
- Comfortability: From a regular workout, you can have the desired results only when it is done correctly. This rowing machine helps in maintaining the right posture as it features a seat which has extra padding. This will support your body and ensure that blood is flowing properly. Further, you can slip your feet in the foot straps for stability.
- Durable: Purchasing large equipment comes with the worry about its durability, but this is not the case with Merax rowing machine. The machine features built-in high-quality wheels and a foldable frame. This makes it easy for you to move the machine and place it wherever you want, without worrying about damaging it.
- Easy assembling: Merax rowing machine looks complicated to assemble, but it is not. It comes with straightforward assembling instructions that don’t need any expertise with mechanical skills. This sophisticated machine is not only easy to install but also easy-to-use.
- Affordable: Expensive rower with various hi-tech features ends up doing the same job as a low-cost machine. It is considerably affordable rowing machine with powerful magnetic resistance. So if you are looking for a one-time investment into a well-built machine, go for it.
- Smooth operation: It manages to work quietly because of its advanced functioning flywheel. This feature makes it very smooth to operate.
- Preset programs: As it features the best electromagnetic system, so it allows you to preset programs. You can also go with the default programs and start with a low-impact program. This will also control the resistance and make sure that you are not exceeding the prescribed heart rate.
- Warranty: Comes with 1 year of manufacturer warranty. So that the first time users have a peace of mind.
Cons of Merax Rowing Machine ✘
It wouldn’t be right to say that this machine is perfect. Following are a few things that need improvement to enhance the functionality of it:
- There is no proper stand to place an iPod or tablet.
- If you haven’t used any exercise machine before, then you might face difficulty, as It does not come up with any user manual.
- LCD monitor does not contain any light. This will be a problem if you are working out in dim light.
Overall, Merax Rowing Machine will seamlessly perform the job that you expect it to do and even exceed your expectations. It has a flawless design and functionality. The seat is reasonably comfortable too with a smooth pull.
With regular and proper use, it provides a consistent full-body workout for muscle toning, stamina building, and weight loss. It’s ultimately a low-cost option with all essential features. However, a few features need to be improved.
In a nutshell, if you are looking for budget fitness equipment, Merax Rowing Machine would be your best bet.