Rowing shoes are one of the best gifts you can give yourself or someone who enthusiastically uses a rowing machine.
Rowers need a pair of high-quality shoes for every practice. A good pair of rowing shoes may cost more than regular sports shoes but it will last longer and pay off its value in the end.
By the way, just like the shoes, gloves are equally important for strenuous rowing sessions. And recently here I reviewed some of the best gloves for rowing.
Rowing shoes are reliable and provide ample cushioning and support to your feet. They make the rigorous strain of rowing exercise comfortable for your feet.
Shortlisted Top Rowing Shoes (For Men and Women)
|Shoes Model||Editor's Choice|
|Check Price on Amazon|
🔗 Side Note: Study Shows: Running shoes with less cushioning can reduce injury
How to Choose the Best Shoes for Your Indoor Rowing Sessions
Getting the perfect pair of rowing shoes goes beyond choosing the preferred style. Unlike other shoes, rowing shoes require you to consider some key factors that will work best for you.
While choosing the rowing shoes, these are a few key points that will help you make the right choice:
- Size: The most important thing to consider is the size so that you will stay comfortable and be able to give your best to the exercise session.
- Design: Don’t underestimate the design of rowing shoes. A professionally designed shoe will absorb the sweat without giving off a foul smell.
- The thickness of the sole: If you are seeking shoes for rowing exercise, you must pay close attention to the thickness of the sole. It should be able to withstand the wear and tear.
- Weight: It is better to choose shoes that are lighter in weight.
- Quality: The quality of material also plays a vital role to determine comfort and durability. These shoes are specially designed for rigorous exercises; the sole must be of high quality to protect your feet from any kind of injury. So, the right pair of shoes will be comfortable to wear and provides excellent support on the ground.
🔗 Another Side Note: Thin or Thick Sole: What’s the Best Type of Shoe for Running?
List of Best Rowing Shoes:
Generally speaking, you can use any exercise shoes or sports shoes for using a rowing machine as well.
There are various qualities of rowing shoes available in the market, but if you can, I would advise you to try the pair of shoes before buying it, so that you can assess the comfort level and fit before making the purchase.
Here I have compiled a list of top rowing shoes to make the purchase decision easier for you:
This is a man-made pair of the shoe as opposed to mass production of machine-made shoes, so each pair is weaved to perfection ensuring ultimate quality and comfort.
The cushioned sole makes it extra comfortable for training on the rowing machine and other similar machines. It is available in a range of different prices in the market.
- The sole is made of rubber and is cushioned
- The material is lightweight and breathable
- The shoe offers you flexibility for training
- Heavier than some other brands
- Gets out of shape with rigorous use
- Watch out for size chart mess ups
This rubber sole shoe can take your rowing exercise to the next level. It has a dynamic fit texture that will give you ultimate comfort so that you can solely focus on strength training. This is super flexible and professionally designed.
- Mesh material makes it suitable for rigorous exercise
- Dynamic fit is best for rowing trainings
- Easy movement in all directions
- Not suitable for everyday wearing or prolonged use
- More expensive than other options
The synthetic and breathable material has made it a suitable choice as a training shoe for rowing exercises. It has widely been used by rowing enthusiasts because of the comfort it offers due to the rubber sole.
- Widely recommended for strong training
- Comfortable for training sessions
- Good quality width shoes
- Cushion padding for feet
- Air mesh top
- Not suitable as running shoes
- Sizes not marked like other brands
- Not suitable for prolonged usage
These running shoes are also suitable for a workout on a rowing machine. Outsoles offer good grip for the shoes when you are rowing. The fabric used on the top makes it comfortable and quick-drying.
- Comfortable for running and rowing
- Price is reasonable
- Shoe sizing is accurate
- Not very lightweight
- Increased drag on the feet
- Not a renowned brand
These shoes are available separately for men and women, so you just need to look for size and dimensions before you settle on the one you want. The rubber sole makes it good for running and training on exercise machines. It provides a lot of traction too.
- Good for running and everyday use
- A minimalist shoe with good design
- Has a wider toe box
- Lightweight and breathable
- There can be size troubles
- Sides can get a hole with regular use
- Narrow and uncomfortable fit on wider parts of the foot
- Wears down considerably quicker
There are size chart differences in male and female sizes, so please take a good look at sizes before buying one. It has a synthetic mesh that offers a seamless transition. Good for running and training.
- Lightweight pair of shoes
- Breathable synthetic mesh
- The toe box is small and a bit uncomfortable
- Could give blisters to feet
Above are the filtered best rowing shoes which combine excellent features of comfort, price, and usage.
The best thing that makes these shoes a good investment is that these shoes can be used for multiple other activities too. This is a great option for active people who mostly prefer multipurpose equipment for doing plenty of things.
From the above list, you can decide for yourself which is the best choice for you and according to your needs and taste. The list of pros and cons will help you decide what you should get. So what are you waiting for? Go get your pair of top rowing shoes and get started on your journey to a healthy lifestyle.
Happy rowing! See you on the erg.